From Tragedy to Triumph Book Review
Holy Temple Christian Center
The book from Tragedy to Triumph has blessed me in so many ways. Having just recently lost my 20 year old daughter in a car accident myself, this book hit me right in my heart, spirit, and soul. Reading that someone else has gone through a similar situation as myself is one thing, but to read the book and say, “Wow that’s just how I feel, or Wow that’s what I said, or Wow I was wondering if God would do that for me” is another thing. This book has healing and encouragement that there is hope in God to get through this unbelievably difficult time.
Every scripture spoke volumes to me, especially Provers 3:5-6 because during a time like this it is sometimes difficult to trust God when your heart is broken into a million pieces and you are trying to make sense of what just happened. Psalm 46 and Psalm 34 speaking of the Lord being a present help and being near to the brokenhearted was at times hard for me to grasp because my mind was thinking how is that and my daughter is gone. This book gave me a better perspective to know that God is right there with me comforting me and that I just have to let go and receive His comfort.
What I have taken away from this anointed book is that it does not matter what situation we face in life, be it the devastating loss of a child, the ending of a marriage, the loss of worldly possessions, illness, etc., one thing is for certain and that is God does not change and neither does his unconditional and unfailing love for us nor His ever presence in our lives along with His unrelenting desire to help us through every difficult situation and circumstance of life that we try to get through on our own but can’t. I have learned that God is not an option but a necessity if I am going to get through losing my child. Without Him it will never happen. Thank you for sharing your story and giving me the hope that the Lord will answer the questions that I have instead of leaving me in the dark, confused and weary. Thank you for showing me that the enemy meant for this tragedy to break me, but God is going to turn it around and make me into the woman He ordained for me to be. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to.
From Tragedy to Triumph
Book Review by:
Dr. Verrick Norwood
Holy Temple Christian Center
The book, From Tragedy to Triumph by Pamela Thompson is truly profound and needed in this season of my life. Recently, I lost my 20 year old daughter in a head on collision. Oftentimes we hear: “I know how you feel” and most of the time it’s from people who never lost a child. This book speaks to me because the author can relate. Secondly, the author is real transparent which I love because in a person’s openness, one can walk away with the thought of, “Wow, I am not alone.” Thirdly, the author filled this book with the Word of God that speaks to me in my current situation and grieving process. Lastly, this book moves one into the author’s testimony which is her triumph. This gave me hope because God is no respector of persons. If He pulled her out of her tragedy and brought her into triumph, He is well able to do it for me.
Deborah Wynn Powell
Pamela Thompson mother
Houston, Texas / Centreville, Illinois
1. Pamela Thompson is a woman who prays and you will see God workingin her life thru her testimony throughout this book. Pam shows that praying truly works when you completely trust God.
2. My expectation of this book was met after reading, and finding out that Pamela Thompson is a living witness of the power and glory of God in her life and she invites you to experience God's blessing through prayer.
3. The subject is: Where to get your strength when tragedy hit? After reading "From Tragedy to Triumph," my eyes were open and my heart flooded with gratitude of how loving and merciful God really was and is. Reading this book was like looking through a mirror reliving the moment and realizing that I had been walking in my own strength and not in the power of God as my daughter did and continue to do. In the book, I saw Pam walking in faith.
4. While my daughter Pamela was walking in the love and the grace of God that he gave to us, I saw Pam listening to and obeying God.
5. When I was reading in the book how my children Pam/Kirk was comforted as they heard my experience of the accident, it was like I was in the room sitting at their table listening to the conversation in real time. Tears streaming down my face was a final release and acceptance of their love, which they showed everyday since the accident. All I can say now is "But God". Pamela showed me the power of her grandmother’s influence over our lives. Seeing Pam from this books remind me of my mom, her strength and courage to stand and after all else stand.
6. My hope for you as you read this book is to be open to receive answers addressing your situation so your light can shine so you too can help others.
From Tragedy To Triumph
Pastor Curtis Gilbert
Lead Pastor of The Journey Metro East
From Tragedy to Triumph succeeded at two things. First, as the book started out, all parents have thoughts about the extreme difficulty in losing a child. In the book, Pam has blessed us with a window into her soul as she learned how to walk through such a tragedy. Secondly, this book successfully points me to the ultimate source of hope and peace, which is God. With this, my heart is left with a renewed confidence in the power of God, especially for those who suffer.
As Pam stated, “When someone shows you who they really are, believe them.” Although this was referring to the reality of her husband and his challenges with being the spiritual leader of their home, I also think this was ultimately what this book is saying about God. When God shows you who He is, believe Him!! I’m amazed at the numerous specific ways the Lord encouraged Pam, from the video from the night of prayer to the dream He gave her of Kiara pulling up in a limousine. I’m left in awe of the faithfulness of God.
I truly believe this book has the unique ability to truly help people experience triumph after any tragedy, whether it’s the loss of a child or not. Pam masterfully gives us all that we need from scriptures to prayers to fully rest in God’s unchanging hand. Because of this book, I’m experiencing deeper healing after having walked through my own tragedies. For that, I am deeply grateful to Pam for writing it and recommend anyone and everyone to slowly read it and let God amaze you!